Founded in 1978, Aksoy Ventures Energy and Hospitality Inc. (“Aksoy Holding”) operates a diversified portfolio of high-class assets in 5 industries; Retail, Power, Hospitality, Real Estate, and Trade.
- Aksoy Holding’s flagship subsidiary in the Retail industry is Shell & Turcas Petrol which was established as a JV company in 2006 between Shell and Aksoy’s controlled subsidiary Turcas Petrol (BIST: TRCAS). Shell & Turcas is the market leader in Türkiye in retail fuel sales with a nation-wide network of 1,153 Shell branded mobility sites (fuel stations) as at January 2023. Shell & Turcas has strengthened its retail operations and market position thanks to its 770 Shell Select stores, serving 1 million guests per day through a forecourt team of 15,000. Operating with the mission of energizing Türkiye’s development since 1923, Shell is celebrating the centenary of its operations in our country along with the 100th anniversary of the Turkish Republic.
- Aksoy Holding’s subsidiary in the field of Power is RWE & Turcas Power, a joint venture established between the major German / European utility RWE and Aksoy’s controlled subsidiary Turcas Petrol. RWE & Turcas’ Denizli Natural Gas Fired Combined Cycle Power Plant which has an installed capacity of 800 MW started commercial operations in 2013. Denizli Power Plant is one of the most efficient (operating at a rate of 58%) and state-of-the-art natural gas fired power plants in Türkiye.
- Aksoy’s flagship asset in Hospitality is the fully-owned Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel, one of Türkiye’s largest and iconic 5+ star hotels, operated by Hilton’s luxury brand Conrad since 1992. Providing an inspiring experience to its guests from all around the world consistently for over 30 years, Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus is one of the first 2 hotels in Türkiye to receive the Sustainable Tourism Certificate approved by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) in 2022.
- Aksoy Holding’s main operations in the Real Estate industry are listed below:
– The Group’s most recent signature investment has been the The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Bodrum. Aksoy Holding expanded its real estate investments by penetrating into the ultra-luxury residential and hospitality market in Bodrum in 2013 with this mixed-use project. The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Bodrum has become the first-ever standalone (untied to a hotel block) residential project of The Ritz-Carlton in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
– Commercial & industrial properties of the Group are managed under Aksoy REIC. The company manages a select portfolio of assets consisting of the Aksoy Plaza in Maslak and a number of mobility sites in various cities of Türkiye.
– The Group established Aksoy International Holding in 2022 as a wholly-owned subsidiary to invest in global real estate and hospitality projects in line with its strategy of geographic diversification and growth through increasing its global footprint in real estate. Aksoy International Holding engages in real estate and hospitality investments focused on the cities of Jacksonville and Miami in Florida, which is one of the states in the US with the highest rate of internal immigration post pandemic. Further opportunities in other US states will be explored and evaluated following the investments here.
– Aksoy Holding has executed a number of successful construction jobs since the early 2000’s both as a sole investor and as an investor/main contractor, sole main contractor or joint main contractor. These can be listed as various residential, hotel and commercial real estate investments in Istanbul and Bodrum, a large-scale hospital facility and various infrastructure jobs in Azerbaijan, and two power plants in Aydin and Denizli cities of Türkiye.
- In the Trade industry, Aksoy Holding is the exclusive macro distributor of top tier lubricant brands in Iraq and Nigeria. Our Technological Solutions Department, which also operates under International Trade, represents and sells high-tech, know-how products for the aviation, security and defense sectors worldwide. All of these activities are carried out by Aksoy International and Aksoy Nigeria.
While continuing to carry out investments, production, generation, exports, service, retail, distribution, trade and CSR activities with its global partners in various industries, Aksoy Holding has embraced the vision of being one of the most admired, dynamically managed, continuously growing and value creating entrepreneurial investment companies in Türkiye.
Aksoy Holding employs ca. 2,000 people directly and 20,000 people indirectly through its subsidiaries and controlled entities.